I have seen roasted cauliflower a lot on the internet recently and like all roasted vegetables, roasting unlocks some wonderful flavors. I make a marinade with Indian spices, roast and serve as a side dish.
I did my first farmers market a couple of weeks ago in Yadkinville NC all in all a good experience. It wasn't very busy on opening day and in truth I sold very little but its a start. It again showed me how hard farming is not only in working in the field to grow the vegetables but also finding a market for them and being able to sell them.
- one small cauliflower sliced
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of masala power
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
- freshly chopped cilantro to garnish/ season
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- slice the cauliflower
- combine the oil with the spices and drizzle on the cauliflower
- roast for 10-15 minutes each side until soft and a little charred
- remove from the oven and garnish with cilantro.
Mixed greens I picked at the farm :-)
The wee man finding sugar snap peas :-) all the gardening and farming is so worth it for the kids to cherish food and savor it.
One rainy Saturday I invited the community for a pick your own day at the farm only one family came but that was still cool :-) look how big my girl is now, I started this blog when she was a baby.
I confess I don't post as much as before as busy in farming but always fun to pop back share a recipe and share tidbits from my life.