We love simple cakes that are light and not overly sweet. Citrus always works well in cake, its refreshing and always on hand at our house. There are also so many lovely varieties this time of year you could really get creative, try Meyer lemon, cara cara oranges, honeybell's and even satsuma.
Grapefruit works so well in this cake its easy to make and is a lovely treat with an afternoon cup of tea.
- 4oz sugar
- 4oz butter
- 6oz self raising flour
- 4 tablespoons milk
- grated rind of 1 red grapefruit
- a little powdered sugar to finish
- 2 small eggs
- cream the sugar and butter until fluffy then slowly add the eggs and flour
- add the grapefruit rind and the milk
- bake at 350 for 20-30 until golden in a medium loaf pan
- sprinkle with powdered sugar
- enjoy with a cuppa
Hope your having a good start to the week, our daughter was sick over the weekend better now so happy. School re opened after being closed last week due to snow and ice and I see little daffodils coming up and buds on the trees. I just adore seasons and the joy each one brings, spring is on the way.
the promise of spring