I made this lovely rice dish recently its popular in South India and my hubby loves it, such a fun way to add some pizazz to rice. Its great eaten with dal, spicy fried potatoes and yogurt.
|Diggs Latham School Garden|
- 1 lemon
- dash of sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 10 curry leaves
- 3 -4 tablespoon of cashew nuts
- pinch of aestofida
- 1/4 tablespoon of turmeric
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 green chilies
- cook the rice and keep to one side
- squeeze and get the juice of one lemon
- heat oil and pop mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, turmeric and aestofida and cashew nuts
- add the rice and mix in the lemon juice and salt to taste
I have started to volunteer in gardens over the last couple of weeks after becoming a master gardener so much fun but also hard work, but helping in the community is so rewarding also took the kids with me, they enjoyed picking purple hull peas at a Diggs Latham school garden. The lady who runs the garden also a master gardener and community garden mentor Irma Jackson is an inspiration.
We are going to see family in the UK next week I can't wait its been over a year the longest time I haven't seen my family. Will share pictures on the facebook page and twitter and also vine some videos if your curious about the sights, sounds and food of England and Scotland.
Much love ....