This easy recipe was inspired by Anncoo's hobby one of my favorite blogs from Singapore, great food, and amazing mooncakes. I loved that Ann used milk and honey in place of condensed milk. Its another fun recipe to make with kids and makes a great snack.
- about 4-5 tablespoons honey to one cup of milk
- 2 1/2 Rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Shredded coconut
- 2 cup's chopped pineapple, dried apricot, raisins, cashew nuts and hazelnut (any dried fruit or nuts you have on hand would work).
- 1 cup Mixed seeds (pine nuts, pumpkin, sunflower)
- Preheat the oven to 250F and place a non greased baking sheet on a baking tray.
- Warm honey and milk together in a pan
- mix together all the other ingredients in a large bowl and then add the warm milk into it
- add to the the baking tray and press down with the spatula or spoon
- Bake for one hour, then remove from the oven and cut into slices
With our daughter now going to school we are up earlier to drop her of and enjoying early morning walks in a local park, this morning there was a lovely fog here's a picture. Its a little overwhelming adapting to having a kindergartener after being with her every day, but she is doing well and I think I will try and volunteer some. I always listen to you all wise folks when you say little ones grow so fast and try hard to savor every moment.
Life is about moments :-)
Have a great weekend everyone