Funny I alway enjoy coleslaw but hardly make it at home. Its a blank canvas really, allowing a variety of spices or fresh herbs to be added to impart different flavors. This one uses Indian spices and Greek yogurt two things we always have on hand.
- 1/4 of a red cabbage finely chopped
- 4 small apples, a mix of gala and granny smith thinly sliced
- one cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder, salt and pepper to taste, 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- a pinch of chili powder
- a handful of sliced grapes
- slice the vegetables
- mix the spices with the greek yogurt and combine
- it's that easy :)
The farm is slowly progressing and I have even attended a local farmers market meeting. I am going to have a wee open house this week where folks can come pick their own arugula, bok choi, salad and swiss chard. Here's the link if your local to Yadkin County NC.
I harvested my first book choi last week, so exciting!